You Make Baker Possible
We are committed to providing equitable access to a Baker education – one that is exciting, broadly experiential, and deeply engaging – for all families. This is a promise we can only fulfill thanks to generous donors like you.
In general, gifts help fund everything at the heart of what makes Baker special: our amazing, creative teachers, our embrace of experiential learning, and wonderfully diverse, intimate community.
More specifically, gifts go toward the wonderful programs that make it all possible.
How You Can Give
Give to the Baker Fund
The Baker Fund provides the essential unrestricted dollars needed to enhance the educational experience of Baker students and goes directly to our operational budget. Our operational budget is balanced each year through revenue from tuition, after school enrichments, summer camp, and public support (fundraising). This means your support goes directly to all of the expenses that make up a Baker education – teacher salaries, program expenses, tuition assistance, supplies and materials, and building maintenance.
Ways to Give to the Baker Fund
1. Give through PayPal using the link below. You may set up a monthly gift if you would like.
2. Give with a credit card through GiveSmart. You can also start a Champion Page here to invite others to support Baker.
3. Give by sending a direct payment by check or Donor Advised Fund to Baker Demonstration School (Attn: Advancement Office, 201 Sheridan Road, Wilmette, IL 60091)
Baker Demonstration School is a 501c3 organization. All contributions are tax deductible.
Other Ways to Give
1. Give to the Tax Credit Scholarship Program through Empower Illinois designating Baker for your donation. Illinois enacted the Invest In Kids Scholarship Tax Credit Program in 2017. This program offers a 75 percent state income tax credit to individuals and businesses that contribute to qualified Scholarship Granting Organizations (SGOs), such as Empower Illinois. The SGOs then provide scholarships for students whose families meet the income requirements to attend qualified, non-public schools in Illinois. Email the Advancement Office for support in making a gift to Empower Illinois so the School is aware of your gift.
2. Planned Giving, Stock Gifts & Choosing Baker as a Beneficiary are ways to support Baker through your thoughtful planning and provide a significant legacy. Reach out to the Advancement Office to discuss your plans and questions.
Support Baker While You Shop
Support Our Beloved Baker Today
To learn more, email Director of Communication & Community Engagement, Rachel Yantis at firstname.lastname@example.org.