Visit Baker, Where Learning Comes Alive
There’s an energy here unlike any school you’ve ever visited. You feel it when you see students genuinely enjoying themselves as they learn, when you see teachers acting as joyful co-learners rather than dispensers of knowledge, and when our head of school greets them with a warm smile at the door.
That’s just a start. Come see – come feel – why we love this school so much!
What to Expect on Your Campus Tour
Preschool and Kindergarten Classrooms
- Witness a provocation – interesting materials children are drawn to, like a water table with droppers for bubbles teachers use to engage children in conversations about science.
in the Gymnasium, Pool, Athletic Fields and Playgrounds
- See 1st through 8th graders engage in daily physical education in our gym and indoor pool.
- Head outside to check out our athletic fields, where we sponsor after-school sports events, and our field and two playgrounds, where all Baker students enjoy daily recess.
in the Primary Classrooms (Grades 1-3)
- On the second floor, students are mastering skills in reading, writing and math as they explore themes like the properties of water or the life cycle of bees, inspired by excursions into nature.
in our Library, Arts Studio and Language Classroom
- In the library, students find inspiration and engage in creative pursuits. They make videos, edit sound and more in the Creative Media Suite.
- You’ll get to check out our arts studio, where children are encouraged to stretch their imagination as they develop their craft. (As they do in our Cardboard Challenge.)
- In the language classroom, students further engage with the world through the study of Spanish, beginning in Preschool, and Latin, beginning in 6th grade.
Real-World Problem Solving
in the Intermediate Classrooms (Grades 4-5)
- Witness young people tackling big questions, learning how to conduct research, and engaging in hands-on experiences to apply what they’re learning.
- You might see the Baker Business School unit in action, in which students go through the entire entrepreneurial process from developing a prototype to finally selling their product.
Students Taking the Lead
in the Middle School Classrooms (Grades 6-8)
- Up on the third floor, watch the culminating experiences of Baker students in action. If it looks like the students are leading themselves in an independent project, that’s because they probably are!
- They may be planning an event like the Science Expo, in which 6th-8th grade students develop questions they can test scientifically and demonstrate the results (like an interactive museum!).
Drama Room, Music Room, Science Lab and Athletic Facilities
- Besides seeing the cafeteria you’ll also get to see where they will feed their interests.
- Are they into sports? Theater? Music? Technology? Everywhere you look, Baker students are pursuing their passions in spaces designed to facilitate them.
We can’t wait to have you here!
NOTE: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are not offering on-campus visits at this time. We are instead hosting Virtual Admissions Coffee Chats via Zoom. Until on-campus visits resume, you may use the button below to schedule your “virtual visit.”