Our Admissions Process
Applying to Baker- Step by Step
Our personalized admissions process allows for you to explore our extraordinary school community and for our team to explore your hopes and dreams for your child’s education. Our focus in the admission process is to learn about your priorities for your child’s education and about your child’s social, emotional and intellectual needs. Through our personalized approach, you’ll be guided through the admission process, step by step.
Step 1: Learn and Inquire
Step 2: Visit
Visiting Baker is the best way to get a feel for what’s special about our school. You’ll see Progressive Education in action – teachers and students engaging in experiential learning together as co-learners, children loving the learning process as they explore and grow as whole people. You’ll be able to see our state-of-the-art facilities as well.
Step 3: Apply Online
- Begin the Application Process Here in the Admission e-Portal.
- Build your child’s Admission File in the Admission e-Portal
- After uploading the required documents in the Admission e-Portal, submit the $85 application fee online.
- After you have submitted your application and required documents, our Admission Team will review the application and contact you regarding next steps – scheduling the virtual visit for your child.
Early Childhood Age Guidelines
In accordance with Illinois policy, Baker uses a September 1 birthday guideline when considering a student for admission:
- PK: 3 or 4 years old by September 1
- Kindergarten: 5 years old by September 1