Whether your child wants to be on the stage, in the lab, in the art studio, on the field, or on the waterfront, this is a place where your child becomes known and valued. Baker Summer Discovery Camp offers a hands-on, child-centered experience designed to spark the imagination and engage the intellect– all while offering an equally important dose of fun and physical activity.
Welcome to Baker Summer Discovery Camp!
The Baker Summer Discovery Camp mission is to spark the imagination and engage the intellect while offering an equally important dose of fun and physical activity. Campers spend part of the day engaged with experienced instructors in topics such as theatre, chemistry, nature exploration, and leadership. The rest of their camp days are filled with swimming, arts and crafts, and sports and games.
NEW FOR 2020
- Cost saving 4 and 8 week camp packages.
- Extended Swim, Sports & Games, and Arts & Crafts times.
- Baker Bees – a program designed to meet the unique developmental needs of our rising 1st grade campers.
- Counselors in Training (CIT) – an opportunity for rising 8th to 10th graders to earn valuable work experience and volunteer hours by working with our younger campers.
RETURNING CAMPER FAVORITES
- Engaging, hands-on Morning Discoveries led by experienced teachers
- Daily healthy snack (included with registration)
- Arts & Crafts, Sports & Games, and Swimming
- Fun Friday pizza party (included with registration), giant slip ‘n’ slide, and field games
- Weekly kayaking for campers entering 4th – 8th grades
- Friday trips to the beach for campers entering 1st – 8th grades!
Questions? Contact Camp Director: Aimee Frank at email@example.com or 847-425-5800.
Baker Summer Discovery Camp
|June 15-August 7, 2020||Times||Regular Registration||4 Week Bundle||8 Week Bundle|
|PreK/Kindergarten Half Day||8:30am-12pm||$300||$1150||$2250|
|PreK/Kindergarten Full Day||8:30am-3pm||$525||$2000||$3900|
|8th-10th Grade CIT Program (2 weeks)
*Max 5 campers per week
Baker Bonus Camp
|August 10-21, 2020||Times||Regular Registration|
|PreK/Kindergarten Half Day||8:30am-12:00pm||$300|
|PreK/Kindergarten Full Day||8:30am-3:00pm||$525|
|June 15- August 21, 2020||Times||Regular Registration|
|PreK-8th Morning Care||7:30-8:15am||FREE|
|PreK-8th After Care||3:00-6pm||$30 day/$125 week|
Camp Deposit Information: 25% of total due at the time of registration, 100% of the total due one week before the first day of camp.
Camp Director: Aimee Frank
Assistant Camp Director: Rachael Chase
Director of Fun: Moira Gitau
Sports and Games Director: Danny Zamudio
Pool Director: Wills Barnard
Art Director: TBD
Jim Leesch – Baker Middle School Math Teacher
Kerah Sandler – Baker 5th Grade Teacher
Baker 5th grader teacher, Kerah Sandler is entering her 9th year at Baker Summer Discovery. Kerah keeps coming back because she loves getting to know students of all ages and exploring fun topics ranging from archaeology to grossology with them! She is also the proud mom of Baker and Baker Camp grad, Benicio.
Andrew Marikis – Baker Drama Teacher
Shane Courville – Baker Music Teacher
Shane (Dr. C) is a native of Louisiana where he studied music. He performs with and composes for groups around the country. Performing and teaching go hand in hand for him and he’s looking forward to working with Baker Camp for the first time this summer.
Junior Discoveries – Campers age 3 through rising Kindergartners enjoy daily swimming, creative play, storytime, and more. Baker’s self-contained, play-based model of early childhood extends into our summer camp.We offer both half-day and full-day options for our littlest campers.
Baker Bees – Our little bees are just about ready to fly to 1st grade, but still enjoy the play-based learning activities of early childhood. Our new Baker Bees program gives rising 1st graders the chance to participate in swimming, arts & crafts, and sports & games just like the big kids, while still allowing time for free play and exploration in their very own 1st grade classroom.
Morning Discoveries* – Campers entering 2nd-8th grade spend their days swimming, playing sports, and getting creative in our art studio. Each week, we offer a hands-on, engaging Morning Discovery based upon one of our four themes (STEM, Art & Drama, Sports & Movement and Nature & Culture). Campers explore and learn with our highly qualified Discovery leaders each Monday through Thursday, and end the week with a trip to the nearby beach and an afternoon of Fun Friday activities.
STEM – With a focus on science, technology, and design, these Discoveries are hands-on and experiential. Past STEM Discoveries include Coding, Grossology, CSI Baker, and Myth Busters.
Art & Drama – Our campers are full of creativity and our Art & Drama Discoveries are designed to let their imaginations soar. Past Art & Drama Discoveries have included Studio Art, Song Parodies with Mudlark Theatre, and Short Shakes drama.
Sports & Movement – These Discoveries are great for our energetic campers! Past Sports & Movement Discoveries have included Yoga, Sports Combo, and Baker Basketball.
Nature & Culture – Campers learn about the world around them through crafts, games, and outdoor adventures. Past our Nature & Culture Discoveries have included Global Games and Nature Explorers.
*2020 Morning Discoveries topics coming soon! Our current schedule is subject to change.
Counselor in Training – New for 2020, our Counselor in Training program is designed for rising 8th-10th graders who would like to gain work experience, earn volunteer hours, and enjoy the company of our littlest campers. Supported by experienced counselors, CITs swim, play, read, and explore with campers, all while learning valuable job skills.
What should my child bring to camp?
- Bathing suit, goggles and towel (campers swim on a blocked schedule)
- Water bottle
- Gym shoes
- Camp shirts on Fun Fridays
What is Fun Friday?
- Fun Fridays are differenrt from the regular Monday-Thursday camp schedule
- No Morning Discoveries
- Pizza lunch included in registration
- Campers walk to Lighthouse Beach for a morning or afternoon of fun in the sun
Snacks and Lunches?
- We provided a daily healthy morning snack (nut-free)
- Please tell us about any potential food allergies for your child
- Gluten free snacks available upon request
- We provide a Fun Friday lunch! Included is cheese pizza, chips, fruit and juice
- Parents will have the opportunity to order hot lunch for their camper Monday through Thursday at a later date.
What is carpool and how does it work?
- Carpool is what we call drop-off and pick-up
- Check out our video!
- Morning carpool 8:15am-8:30am
- Afternoon carpool for Jr. Discoveries 3-3:10pm
- Afternoon carpool for 1st-8th 3:10-3:25pm
How early can I drop off my child at camp?
- Morning care starts at 7:30am every morning for free
- Jr. Discoveries meet in their classroom
- 1st-8th grade campers meet in the gym for morning care
How late can my child stay at camp?
- Campers can remain at camp until 6pm with our extended after-care program for an additional registration fee.
- Campers areb picked up directly from our extended care room near the gym.
What if I need to cancel my registration?
- There is a non-refundable deposit of $100/week per camper
- For a full refund, cancel at least one full week before the first day of camp