Extended Day Program
Baker offers Before and After School extended day programming for all students. The PLA (Progressive Learning Activities) program exemplifies progressive, best-practice methods and enrichment through an active, play-based approach in a community classroom.
We offer two grade-based sections:
- Early Childhood (PS –K)
- Grades 1-8
Ms. Shruti is our wonderful Early Childhood PLA Lead Teacher, and Mr. Meyer is our fantastic 1st-8th grade PLA Lead Teacher.
Our program goal supports the intellectual, physical, and social-emotional well-being for our multi-aged groups of children by:
- Providing a supportive atmosphere for learning and homework
- Incorporating activities for intellectual stimulation
- Building friendships and social connections
- Teaching conflict resolution skills
Offered until 6pm, PLA is also available on all Institute, Records, and Conference days (dates listed below). Parents may register for PLA online via their Ultracamp Account. There are three sessions of PLA during the school year: Fall, Winter, and Spring. Each session families have the opportunity to register for PLA.
We have two options for PLA registration: Contract or Drop-in.
PLA contracts are recommended for families who need consistent childcare coverage. When registering for a PLA contract, you register for the entire session and you are able to select the day(s) of the week and pick-up time of either 4:30pm or 6pm, and you are charged a flat fee at a reduced rate for the entire session. The cost for a PLA contract for one session is $155 per day for a 4:30pm pick-up and $300 per day for 6pm pick-up. You can register for a PLA contract here.
Drop-in PLA is recommended for families who need occasional care. You can select the exact date(s) your child(ren) will attend PLA. New this year, drop-in PLA registration is done online here. During drop-in registration you will be charged $4 to reserve your spot, and you will receive a full invoice via email in 1-2 weeks. The invoice will be based on your pick-up time, so please be sure to sign your child out noting the time when you pick-up. The drop-in rate is $16/hour.
We ask that you register for Drop-in PLA at least 24 hours in advance if possible.
For more information about registering for Drop-in PLA, click here.
For the current PLA offerings and registration, click here.
More Details about a PLA contracts:
- The contract guarantees childcare on days selected and may not be swapped or exchanged. If you would like your student to attend PLA on a non-contracted day, your account will be charged the drop-in rate. Please note that drop-in spaces are limited.
- If an Early Dismissal falls on your contracted PLA day, then your child will be automatically enrolled in half-day PLA at no additional cost.
- Families with a PLA contract receive a reduced rate and priority access to registration for Full Day PLA.
Questions about registration should be directed to Hannah Bielawski, Enrichment Activities and Events Coordinator at email@example.com.