For those who prefer an education that’s anything but textbook.
Our teachers create an academically rigorous environment, but they do it in a way that recognizes the unique skills of each student in the classroom.
Our unique approach to teaching and learning...
We focus on providing an education that’s highly experiential, so that students can immediately apply what they’re learning in the classroom to the world around them. Learning happens at a much deeper level when students are able to apply the concepts they’ve learned. So, our teachers are constantly creating experiences that profoundly enhance the learning in the classroom.
Our extraordinary range and quality of educational offerings…
At Baker, Art, Drama, Music, Technology, and Dance and Languages are an integral part of the curriculum. Our physical education program includes swimming and movement beginning in 1st grade and continuing through middle school. Students begin learning Spanish in preschool and beginning in middle school, Latin is part of the core middle school curriculum.
Baker Demonstration School is not just a school. We are an inclusive community dedicated to equipping the next generation to thrive in our rapidly changing world.
DID YOU KNOW?
- Full-day, play-based preschool and kindergarten
- Innovative, hands-on learning experiences
- Exemplary arts, music, drama, dance, and physical education programs
- P.E. classes are held 5-days a week for children in first through eighth grade
- Weekly swim classes are an important component of Baker’s P.E. program
- Baker is fully accredited by the Independent Schools Association of the Central States
Matriculate to highly selective private and nationally ranked high schools, such as:
Chicago Academy for the Arts
Evanston Township High School
Francis W. Parker School
Jones College Prep
Latin School of Chicago
New Trier High School
North Shore Country Day School
Northside College Prep
Rochelle Zell Jewish High School