As the entry point to a lifelong love of learning, Baker’s preschool program serves children ages 3 to 5. Nationally recognized for excellence since our founding in 1918, our preschool curriculum has the child at the center of everything we do. Our youngest learners are known and valued for their individuality, and grow up to be amazing people with an intrinsic curiosity about the world and a deep love of learning.
What are the Building Blocks of Baker’s Preschool Program?
Our classroom environments are specifically set up to support a child’s natural desire to explore, interact, and play. A Baker child negotiates, problem solves, innovates and communicates using a wide range of dynamic learning experiences.
Our master teachers care for your child with more than 75 years of collective experience as leaders in Early Childhood education to guide them. They have deep respect for children’s emotional lives and strong observational skills to know how to best support a child’s language and social development. Our young learners are supported and known, with each student’s individuality is celebrated.
What should I look for when choosing a preschool?
- Environments that invite the child to explore an array of materials and spaces
- Teachers that are unique and interesting guides
- Loose parts that invite children to use all of their senses
- Days that are balanced
- Children in the classroom who are using all of their senses
Baker offers several preschool day options to meet the unique needs of your family:
- Half-day preschool program: 8:30 – 11:15 a.m. (3 or 5 days per week)
- Full-day preschool program: 8:30 – 3 p.m. (3 or 5 days per week)
- Before care (included in tuition): available from 7:30 a.m. – 8:30 a.m.
- After care offered from 3:00 p.m. – 6 p.m.
How do I know my child is ready?
We want to learn more about your child! Contact our admission team or, even better, come visit our classrooms to learn more. Fill out this inquiry form and we will contact you promptly to set up a tour or call to set up a tour today, 847-425-5800.
Applications for first-round considerations for 2019-20 are due on December 14, 2018. Applications received afterwards will be considered based on space available. We are maintaining a wait list for some grade levels, so contact us today!