While tuition covers a significant portion of our operating budget, Baker, like all independent schools, requires additional revenue to fully cover expenses, support a diverse community, and provide programming that truly enables Baker to provide each student with a superior education.
The Baker Annual Fund is a way to support the basic needs of the school, bridging the gap between tuition and the actual cost of educating each student. The Annual Fund helps pay for crucial expenses that impact students in the current school year.
- Professional development to ensure that our teachers can implement the most current and relevant methods in their classrooms.
- A full slate of “specials” that offer students the opportunity to explore various disciplines, investigate personal interests, and engage more fully in areas discovered.
- Classroom environments that are intimate with low teacher-to-student ratios, small class sizes, individual and group learning spaces.
- Fitness programming that not only strengthens each student, but also supports teamwork and sportsmanship, whether indoors and out, every day.
- A commitment to learning and connection beyond our campus through service projects and community partnerships where our students often choose the initiative.
- Ultimately, the Annual Fund helps Baker sustain a school environment in which children are able to realize their personal best.
You may choose to designate your contribution to any particular area of interest, such as our athletic and outdoor education programs, 26,000 volume library, integrated arts curriculum, or middle school studies.
Each family is asked to contribute to the extent that they are able.
15,000 Companies Match Gifts…Does Yours? Many employers offer matching gift programs that will double or even triple the value of your gift to our school. Follow this link for a partial list of companies known to match employee gifts of money and time. Parents, grandparents, and friends who make a contribution to Baker are eligible to request a matching gift for our school.
Community support is critical in order to qualify for valuable corporate and foundation grants. Baker is fortunate to have many consecutive years of 100% Board, faculty and staff giving. And, in recent years, current family giving of over 90%.