COVID-19 Procedures & Return to Campus Plan
In light of the COVID-19 virus, Baker Demonstration School has made changes to some of our programs, policies, and procedures. We will continue to update our protocols based on information and guidance from the CDC, IPDH, CCDPH and other health professionals. To learn more about Baker’s return to campus plans for January 2021, please read the decision making framework for opening and our Community Agreement. Our PCR Testing Program began on January 14, 2021 as an additional mitigation measure for our community.
COVID-19 Dashboard, Baker community
Each week, we will publish a Baker COVID-19 Dashboard in the Weekly Bulletin
and will also link below for your easy reference.
January 7, 2021
January 14, 2021
January 21, 2021
January 28, 2021
February 4, 2021
February 11, 2021
February 18, 2021
February 25, 2021
March 4, 2021
March 11, 2021
March 18, 2021
March 25, 2021
April 8, 2021
April 15, 2021
April 22, 2021
April 29, 2021
May 6, 2021
May 13, 2021
May 20, 2021
May 27, 2021
June 3, 2021
1. Baker Demonstration School students and employees are required to do a Daily Wellness Screening (called COVID Response Form – Family) via the FACTS Family Portal. Depending on the result of the wellness check, students and employees either continue to campus or self-isolate.
2. Students who have any of the following symptoms should not attend school and will be sent home from school if exhibiting any one of these symptoms during school.
- Fever (100.4 or above)
- Muscle and body aches
- Headache (not explainable by known environmental or chronic causes)
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- New Loss of Taste or Smell
- Sore Throat
- Congestion or Runny Nose
- Nausea or Vomiting
1. Choose no symptoms on the Daily Wellness Screening AND
2. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Vaccine Symptoms so I am aware of your child’s specific situation.
Isolation and Quarantine Policy for Baker employees and students
In the case of a student or employee with confirmed or suspected COVID-19, self-isolation is required. Your child may discontinue isolation and return to school after:
– At least 10 days since symptoms first appeared AND
-At least 24 hours with no fever (without fever-reducing medication) AND
-Symptoms have improved
-has an alternative diagnosis letter from a health care provider or a negative PCR/Molecular COVID-19 test result (a Rapid Test/Antigen Test result cannot be accepted)
Who needs to quarantine?
Anyone who is considered a close contact should quarantine for 14 days. A close contact is defined as an individual who spends 15 minutes or more within 6 feet (with or without a mask) over a period of 24 hours with an individual who has COVID.
Household members are asked to quarantine any time 1 or more symptoms are reported within the household.
If your child is quarantining due to a household member showing symptoms, they can return to in-person school after quarantining for 14-days (symptom free), or if the symptomatic individual receives an alternative diagnosis or negative PCR/Molecular COVID-19 test result (a Rapid Test/Antigen Test result cannot be accepted).
Travel & Quarantine Recommendations
According to the CDC, travel increases changes of spreading and getting COVID-19. If students are traveling, we expect the following:
- quarantine for 10 days after travel to states that are “orange” while traveling. See map here.
- complete our Travel Form to report travel to any state outside of Illinois (regardless of yellow/orange status). Further details can be found in the Travel Guidance Update email sent on 3/12/21.
Our eLearning allows for students who have traveled to quarantine to move into eLearning for a period of time. If you need to do this, please contact email@example.com about your travel plans and so we can notify your child’s teachers for appropriate planning time to accommodate your child in eLearning.
Before Returning to Baker After a Period of Isolation or Quarantine
Before returning to Baker after a period of isolation or quarantine, please contact our school nurse, Anne Riggs (firstname.lastname@example.org) for permission to return to school.