COVID-19 Procedures & Return to Campus Plan
In light of the COVID-19 virus, Baker Demonstration School has made changes to some of our programs, policies, and procedures. We will continue to update our protocols based on information and guidance from the CDC, IPDH, CCDPH and other health professionals. To learn more about Baker’s return to campus plans for January 2021, please read the decision making framework for opening and our Community Agreement. Our PCR Testing Program began on January 14, 2021 as an additional mitigation measure for our community.
COVID-19 Dashboard, Baker community
1. Baker Demonstration School students and employees are required to do a Daily Wellness Screening (called COVID Response Form – Family) via the FACTS Family Portal. Depending on the result of the wellness check, students and employees either continue to campus or self-isolate.
2. Students who have any of the following symptoms should not attend school and will be sent home from school if exhibiting any one of these symptoms during school.
- Fever (100.4 or above) or chills
- Headache (not explainable by known environmental or chronic causes)
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- New Loss of Taste or Smell
- Sore Throat
- Congestion or Runny Nose
- Nausea or Vomiting
Isolation and Quarantine Policy for Baker employees and students
In the case of a student or employee with confirmed or suspected COVID-19, self-isolation is required. Your child may discontinue isolation and return to school after:
– At least 10 days since symptoms first appeared AND
-At least 24 hours with no fever (without fever-reducing medication) AND
-Symptoms have improved
-has an alternative diagnosis letter from a health care provider or a negative PCR/Molecular COVID-19 test result (a Rapid Test/Antigen Test result cannot be accepted)
Who needs to quarantine?
Anyone who is considered a close contact should quarantine for 14 days. A close contact is defined as an individual who spends 15 minutes or more within 6 feet (with or without a mask) over a period of 24 hours with an individual who has COVID.
Household members are asked to quarantine any time 1 or more symptoms are reported within the household.
If your child is quarantining due to a household member showing symptoms, they can return to in-person school after quarantining for 14-days (symptom free), or if the symptomatic individual receives an alternative diagnosis or negative PCR/Molecular COVID-19 test result (a Rapid Test/Antigen Test result cannot be accepted).
Travel & Quarantine Recommendations
We expect all students and employees to quarantine for 14 days after travel.
Our eLearning allows for students who have traveled to quarantine to move into eLearning for a period of time. If you need to do this, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org about your travel plans and so we can notify your child’s teachers for appropriate planning time to accommodate your child in eLearning.
Before Returning to Baker After a Period of Isolation or Quarantine
Before returning to Baker after a period of isolation or quarantine, please contact our school nurse, Anne Riggs (email@example.com) for permission to return to school.