Nov 18, 2016
Baker Benefit FAQ
Ready to join us for the Baker Benefit on Friday, March 3, but not sure how it all works? We’ve got all the answers you need — or if you think of something else, just ask event coordinator Lindsay Russ!
First off, what exactly is the Baker Benefit?
The Baker Benefit is our school’s annual fundraising event. Proceeds each year support a specific programming need that is critical to our continued success as a leader in independent, progressive education.
When and where is it?
The Benefit will be held the evening of Friday, March 3, at SPACE (1245 Chicago Avenue, Evanston from 6:30 to 10:00PM. A special pre-event reception will be held at 5:30PM for Event Hosts and their guests. (See below for information on Event Hosts.)
Who is invited?
All adults in our amazing community are invited and encouraged to show their support for Baker by attending the Benefit. This includes: parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles, faculty, staff, alumni, and even our friends and neighbors. This is a great community-building event and a wonderful way to meet other Baker supporters.
So, how do I get involved?
We are so glad you asked! There are several ways to show your support:
- Buy a ticket and come to the Benefit! Tickets are $150 each. You can also choose to buy an Event Host package ($2,500) and receive six tickets to the Benefit and a pre-event reception hosted by current Head of School, Dan Schwartz, to celebrate incoming Head of School, Carly Andrews! (See more information below.) Tickets are available online or in our front office.
- Purchase raffle tickets for a chance to win a premium reserved parking spot for our most popular (and crowded) school events next school year: First Day of School, Holiday Sing, Grandparents and Special Friends Day, Baker 5K, and Last Day of School. Tickets are $25 each or five for $100, and you need not be present to win. Raffle tickets are available online or at the front office.
- Bid on items in our live and silent auctions! We are finalizing a great slate of auction items and are excited to share details soon. Proxy bidding (see below) will be available for those unable to attend.
- Raise your paddle and help Fund a Dream to directly support our Scholarship Fund. Your paddle raise is fully tax-deductible. Proxy bidding (see below) will be available for those unable to attend.
- Help us spread the word! What do you love about Baker and the Benefit? Help us spread the word by sharing our content — or by sharing your own stories — on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram! We’re collecting everything at #BakerBenefit, so be sure to use that hashtag.
- Volunteer to help with the Benefit! Please contact Lindsay Russ if interested.
How does proxy bidding work for auction items and the paddle raise?
If you cannot attend the event, but want to bid on an item or support the Fund a Dream paddle raise, we recommend that you recruit a friend to serve as your proxy. He or she will be responsible for placing your bid and should know your maximum bid for each item. We will contact you about payment after the event. You also can donate online to support Fund a Dream. Questions? Please contact Lindsay Russ.
What is the new Event Host opportunity?
We are offering a special Event Host opportunity for $2,500. Event Hosts will receive six tickets for both the Benefit and a special pre-event reception with school administrators and board members, hosted by Head of School, Dan Schwartz, in honor of incoming Head of School, Carly Andrews.
Do you accept matching gifts?
Absolutely! We encourage you to ask your employer if there is a matching gift program available. This is a wonderful way to make your contribution go even further in supporting Baker.
What should I wear?
Leave your tuxedo and ball gown at home! The Baker Benefit is a casual event. Please dress as you would for a fun Friday night out in Evanston with friends. We want you to have a great time socializing with friends old and new while supporting our students.
How do I get there?
SPACE is located at 1245 Chicago Avenue, Evanston. Street parking is available. Click here to view in Google Maps.
What forms of payment will be accepted at the event?
We accept cash, credit card, and personal check.
Who should I ask about other questions?
We love hearing from you! Please contact Lindsay Russ with any additional questions.